Sunday, July 15, 2012

Restricted colour scheme

Hello again fellow ambitious peoples! I'm posting this one here now as a finished exercise. I took a cue from Coty's exercise and decided to limit myself to a 3 colour palette. Using some of the guidelines from the Dota2 character art pdf I've got this far with the image! It's now reached the point at which I really want to push it, and using just these three colours is holding me back, so you guys get it as is! Definitely a great exercise to show that colours relevant to each other can still look like stuff like skin, even if the colour on it's own would never look like it. Posting both the image and the palette I put together for it.



1 comment:

  1. Great exercise, Sam, and great info in that document! I have so much to think of now about character work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete